I adore pumpkin, talk about a versatile fruit! Not just for carving, there are great health benefits and it’s even beneficial for the skin. Many skin care brands are using pumpkin as an ingredient in exfoliation and masks. Rich in zinc, vitamin C and A, pumpkin can help with cellular turnover in the skin and enzymes help to slough off dead skin cells.
Now that it’s pumpkin season take advantage! I like to bake the small pie pumpkins during this time, puree them and then freeze. There are so many other ways to eat pumpkin other than pie like in soups and breads. I love sprouted pumpkin seeds for the added omegas/protein and eat them everyday.
SO whether you put it on your skin or eat it pumpkin has many great benefits. Enjoy and have a happy Halloween!
Other spooky Post:
It’s one of my favorite holiday’s and everyone is in the spirit at my house (My Devil Dog is no exception). For a last minute costume idea, why not go as a Spa Queen? You can dress up in a robe in slippers, pull hair back with a band and apply a skin care mask. Make sure not to choose one that is made for acne or oily skin types as it will be too drying to keep on for an extended period of time.
You can always stay in and get into the spirit by exfoliating with a product with pumpkin enzymes like Kate Somervilles Exfolikate or Sircuits Pumpkin Enzyme Peel.
Trick or Treat!
Recently I was asked to shed some light on incorporating antioxidant skin care products into a home care regimen. It’s a great question and and even better idea. Using antioxidant rich products *effective products* is important for helping to even out skin tone, minimizing pigmentation and prevention. To prevent further damage you also want to do the following:
Wear Sun Protection (religiously)
Use Antioxidants (and eat them!)
Get Facial Treatments
So back to the antioxidants, there are many used in the industry. Vitamin C is a standard and it’s very effective. One of my favorite products uses C but also some other potent ingredients that are super effective when combined.
Phloretin CF by SkinCeuticals is the product I would always recommend to my clients in search of a result driven product that offers prevention along with correction. It’s best used during the day time for extra protection against the sun and free radical damage.
Here are the benefits as listed on SkinCeuticals website:
- Prevents premature signs of aging and corrects existing photodamage
- Divides and conquers the range of reactive oxygen species (ROS) throughout the skin
- Prevents cell mutation by shielding skin’s DNA
- Accelerates cell turnover
- Boosts skin’s support structure
- Inhibits UV-induced discolorations
If you really want to see a difference in the hyperpigmentation, I love to couple with Phyto +. Here are the benefits as listed on SkinCeuticals website:
- Contains kojic acid and arbutin to help reduce hyperpigmentation
- Active ingredients work synergistically to lighten the appearance of skin
- Natural alternative to the chemical skin lightener hydroquinone—less likely to cause irritation
- Contains anti-inflammatory cucumber and anti-bacterial thyme to soothe and calm irritated skin
- Helps maintain results following invasive cosmetic procedures
- Ideal for all skin types
Hope that helps April, this ones for you. ♥