Well this title sums up how I have been feeling lately, especially after just having a birthday. I decided I needed to update a few items in my cosmetics bag and get my glow back! Since my baby is still not sleeping through the night I am tired much of the time and it shows. I decided to treat myself and buy a few items that can help me fake looking rested a bit and give me a little boost. Even though on a daily basis I keep my routine very simple, I have been adding these three steps to help brighten my skin and face.
1. Concealer-As we age the fine lines around the eye area increase and if you are not sleeping, the dark circles get darker. Apply your favorite concealer to the under eye area and eye lids and blend in. This always needs to be a shade lighter than your skin color. You can add concealer to your lip area and blend in to help lipstick application look smoother too.
2. Highlighter– This makes a huge difference! It is a very subtle tool that brightens the whole face and just makes the skin look fresh. Hardly noticeable but it makes my skin look especially brighter if I am tired. Make a ‘C’ shape around your eyes, lightly down the nose and a touch above the lip. My new favorite addition to my routine.
3. A Great Foundation– I like my skin to look dewy and even, but then again who doesn’t? This step starts with a great moisturizer and serum, but more on that in another post. I bought a new Bobbi Brown make-up brush for applying my foundation and it works great. An investment but those brushes last forever if you take care of them.
That’s it! Just a few extra steps and I feel much better. What are your favorite tricks to look more awake? What about favorite highlighters or concealers?
Other related posts
5 Minute Make-up
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I am talking about three of my favorite green products and I mean literally green!
If you have hyperpigmentation I highly recommend Phyto + by SkinCeuticals. This serum is applied underneath moisturizer daily. This blend of botanical and skin brightening ingredients also contains anti-inflammatory agents helping to calm irritated skin.
I recently bought the Bobbi Brown Sage Metallic Eye Shadow. I love to layer this shade on the very bottom of my eye lid and use it with the Caviar Eye Pencil also by BB. It is a subtle green, with hints of grey shimmer-love it!
I can’t mention “green” products without mentioning ExfoliKate! I have it blogged about it before but if you are new to I ♥ Skin Care, it is one of my go to products for exfoliating and has been for years. Read more about it here Favorite Exfoliators.
Happy St Patty’s and don’t forget to wear green!
Part two of my morning beauty routine, make-up:
Concealer: I like the Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector by Neutrogena. I have been using it for years, it has a firming quality to it and an SPF. I can buy it at Target-score!
Foundation: Skin Foundation SPF 15 by Bobbi Brown has a light/medium coverage with added sun protection. Perfect for everyday and I love the pump applicator.
Blush: I started using the Powder Blush in Mocha by Chanel when I worked for Chanel at Macy’s, one of my all time favorites.
Eye Liner: I go back and forth between liquid eye liner and pencil. When I use pencil I like the Eye Dream Hyperliners by Tarina Tarantino. The pencil is super soft and the application is easy.
Eye Lash Curler: I try a new Mascara wand all the time but one thing I always keep the same is the Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler, it is the best.
Shimmer Brick by Bobbi Brown: I use this on my cheeks and eye lids to brighten my face, I love the Pink Quartz color.
This one is for you Wendy, enjoy!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I will be highlighting a few of my favorite beauty products that participate by donating a portion of sales to breast cancer research. Feeling good about spending money on yourself just got a little easier!
1. Clarisonic Brush-It’s no secret I love the Clarisonic brush. This pink brush was designed for Breast Cancer awareness and $10.00 of every sale is donated. Clarisonic has raised over 100,000 to help fight breast cancer, bravo!!
2. OPI PINK SHATTER Pink of Hearts 2011-Limited edition color in honor of breast cancer awareness, OPI also donates 25,000 annually to the Susan G. Komen for the cure.
3. Bobbi Brown-Pink Ribbon Collection. With each purchase, $10 will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® plus free shipping in October if you purchase from http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com.
Great products helping to support an important cause. Learn more about how you can help at: http://www.bcrfcure.org/ and http://ww5.komen.org/
When I think of a “dewy” skin I think of a skin that is fresh, glowing and well hydrated. Who wouldn’t want that? It begins with a well moisturized skin and ends with a minimal make-up application.
I discovered Bobbi’s Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm when shopping for my honeymoon. I wanted something with light coverage during the day that also had sun protection. Mission accomplished, my skin has never looked so good poolside.
Bobbi’s Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
Other Posts Related to the Dewy Look:
Supplements for Skin Health
I See the Light
Up in the Air