The last few weeks I have had people asking me about my skin and commenting on how it is glowing. My secret? I had a visit with my friend and skin care expert Lili! I love her philosophy which is right in line with mine. A holistic approach to skincare that is advanced in its results. I had the most wonderful facial and the results have continued well after my treatment a few weeks ago.
After cleansing Lili exfoliated in conjunction with the Ultrasonic machine which I love. After extractions she used micro-current and Lightstim light therapy.
The micro-current tightens and tones the facial muscles as well as stimulating collagen and elastin while softening fine lines. The micro-current machine Lili uses in her studio is the one I have seen the best results with.
I have been a huge fan of light therapy particularly the “red light” because of the amazing results, no downtime or damage to the skin and science behind it. For plumping, evening out the skin tone and as an overall anti-aging treatment this can not be beat! Not all red light treatments are the same and I have not seen as great of results with others but I love the LightStim.
No wonder my skin was glowing after this! Check out Lili’s website here to learn about the many facial treatments she offers and also how you can customize your treatment based on your needs. I love how there is the option to target any skin type. And she is just a pleasure to be around! For me it was a bit of a drive from Orange County as she is in Santa Monica but it was well worth it.
I will be reviewing her two products that I took home, I can tell this has helped continue my results. Check out the Lili Mineni Skin care line here. I am especially loving the Vitamin A serum at night!
I wanted to try a new makeup and happened to be at my favorite place, Target. I have been using a variety of department store and Sephora face makeup products and wanted to do a comparison. I decided to try a foundation with a SPF for my days spent in the sun and a glow enhancer for under the foundation to help me achieve the bronzy/dewy look I love. Here is what I found:
True Match Lumi Glotion and Makeup Highlighter-L’Oreal
This is a fun product. You can use this as a highlighter or even apply all over for a all over glow. I have been using it all over under my foundation and loving it. It has moisturizing ingredients and adds to the dewy look I love since I have dry skin. At $14.99 it is a great price compared to department store products.
True Match Super Blendable Makeup-L’Oreal
This foundation, also from L’Oreal, is hydrating with a SPF of 19. It has a light to medium coverage and although it is oil-free doesn’t have a matte or drying finish. I use it together with the Lumi Glotion and it looks amazing. This is what I use for my basic day time foundation when I do not need a full coverage. And for $8.59 I think its a great option.
Do you have a favorite “drug store” brand or product? Please share below!
My friend recently introduced me to FabFitFun and I am loving it! It is a subscription based box that includes full size beauty, wellness and fashion items that is sent four times a year with each season. I signed up as a member and my first box I received was the Winter box. Some of the highlights for me include the BB Dakota Poncho, 8 OTHER REASONS Nine Lives Choker and my adorable new mug that I use every day for tea.
The retail value of my first box is $388 and it cost me $49.95! I love the variety and quality of the goodies. Not to mention how much I look forward to receiving my box and unpacking it. I loved it so much I purchased the Editors box which I am loving as well.
If FabFitFun is something you are excited to try you can use the code WELCOME10 to get $10.00 off your first box. Click this link to receive your discount; WELCOME . It is just in time for the Spring Box which is coming soon! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried Fab fit fun and what your favorite items are!
Benefits cream-gel eyebrow product is amazing! It comes with a built in brush and I love the packaging. It is waterproof and designed so you can have natural looking brows or more dramatic buildable brows. A little goes a long way so I like to tap off excess product after I dip the brush and before I apply.
This is definitely my new favorite product for my eye brows! You can find it on Benefit Cosmetics site or in Sephora stores.
After traveling and our first round of holiday celebrations, I have found my skin is in need of some purifying. I have been using a new cleanser and I am loving it. The brand is Molecuderm Skin Care and the product is M-Cleanse. I think this is such a great cleanser for all skin types, I use it once a day because I am dry but up that to twice a day when I am having any breakouts.
My favorite part of using this cleanser is how invigorating it feels without stripping my oils and making me feel dry. Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils help achieve a purifying effect without being overly harsh and really cleansing effectively-I love it!
You can learn more about the product line here , as well as receiving more skin tips.
Ask any person with curly hair and they will have stories for you. A bad haircut, trying to straighten it and hair being difficult to deal with. I have fought my curly hair and longed to be a straight-haired girl all my life. This year I decided I would learn how to do my hair, and try to achieve the curls I always wish I could have. I have not straightened my hair since April and I finally feel like I am getting the hang of styling it.
So if you are a curly girl too and haven’t found your groove yet, this is for you. If you have ever said ‘yea, I have curly hair but not the good curls’, listen up! I used to say that too. Here are the FOUR most important lessons that have helped me the most:
- Deva Curl products- My hair was transformed when I found the DevaCurl Products. Not only did I fall in love with the products, I was able to learn new techniques I was unaware of. I went to the DevaCurl website and chatted with a representative until we picked the products right for my hair type. They also have “how to” videos that are super helpful.
- Application- Put product on soaking wet hair. One of the biggest mistakes I was making was drying my hair and then putting the product in. Classic formula for frizz! I also detangle in the shower with my fingers and never brush my hair after that.
- Amount of Product- Wow, was I being cheap with product! I needed so much more product to actually ensure my hair was getting an even application of product. Even though I am using so much more product after each washing, the times I actually need to shampoo my hair has gone way down. Which leads me to the next point!
- Over Washing– I was washing my hair almost every day. Curly hair is already dry by default and over washing can make it even more dry. It is just not necessary. I can refresh my hair and go longer in between wash times to keep it healthier.
- Deep Conditioning- I NEVER did this step! This has helped my hair become softer in a major way. I am obsessed with Melt into Moisturize, by Deva Curl. This step is really important for curly girls who have over used heat, or have chemically processed hair.
- Putting hair up/Sleeping- I was really doing this part wrong. I would wash my hair and then put my hair in a bun. The next day it was a wreck and any curls I had lost the shape and was frizzy. At night I now put my hair in what is called a pineapple. It sits on top of my head and the next day I can take it down and the curls are in good shape.
These four steps have totally changed my curls. I also watched you tube videos to get more tips for the soft bouncy curls I wanted. I love Hi F3licia YouTube videos for how much you can change your hair even if you think you are past the point of no return, I have learned a lot from her! Click here to check out the videos and her hair transformation.
If you are a curly girl like me and are new to this, reach out if you have questions. There is a bunch of ways to help achieve those soft bouncy curls we all wish we had!
Simply Jess is participating in a trunk show at YogaWorks in Mission Viejo today through Monday February 15th. Come check us out! We have Hydra-Repair Toner, Coco-Mango Deodorant and Coco-Mint Lip Balm. They all make terrific Valentines Day gifts.
Don’t forget to check out the yoga apparel, I am in love with the yoga gear!
I have been a fan of Kerstin Florian products for many years and use them on a daily basis. When the latest product, Clarifying BerryPlus Repair Serum, was announced I could not wait to try it. I have been using this serum daily for a few weeks and I love the results.
With natural ingredients that are highly effective the skin feels hydrated, smooth and is protected. Camu Camu and goji berry extracts help protect skin from sun damage while Raspberry Leaf extract and Rose oil help hydrate and calm skin.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Super lightweight
- Deeply Hydrating
I love this product for men as well, it is great post-shave. To use this product, apply on cleansed skin underneath moisturizer. It is sure to be a huge hit with pretty much any skin type!
To read more about this product and other KF products click here to check out the website: Kerstin Florian
My new Hydra-Repair Toner with Lavender is here and I am so excited to share it! I have created a product that will help protect and repair skin while keeping it super hydrated and balanced. Spray toner is something I use every single day and I wanted to create one of my own to add features that I have not seen on the market yet. And the best part is the ingredients are naturally derived botanicals of the highest quality.
Hydration-this toner is designed to hydrate the skin through the use of highly active and naturally derived super ingredients.
- Coconut water contains Cytokinin which helps regulate cellular health, keeping connective tissues in the face hydrated.
- Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract or Rose of Jericho, a botanical found in the desert of Mexico, provides intense moisturization and improved barrier function.
Protection from Cellular Damage- Hydra-Repair Toner has a unique feature, helping to stop the aging process due to sun and other oxidative stress.
- Camu-Camu Extract is a shrub that’s native to the Amazonian rainforest with 30 times more vitamin C than an orange, making it a potent antioxidant. It is used in skin care for wound healing, cellular repair and for enhanced collagen production. When we spend time in the sun the damage to the cells continue even after we go indoors. The ingredient helps to stop that process and protect our skin from further damage. Amazing!
- Arnica Montana Extract is a native plant on the European continent and in Siberia and has been used extensively in European folk medicine since the 1500’s. It is used in skin care to help calm redness and irritation in the skin and is amazing post-sun. Another reason to put this toner in your beach bag!
- Lavender Water is the base of this toner, and this ingredient alone would make an amazing spray for the skin. Lavender has too many benefits for me to even mention but the reasons I choose it is for the soothing, healing and uplifting aromatherapy benefits. I like to spritz before bed because of the calming effect.
You can use the toner on cleansed skin before your moisturizer, it will help your treatment products and moisturizer penetrate better.
Spray the toner to set your make-up.
Always after sun exposure and even during.
At night for the calming effect.
Keep it at your desk and spray to refresh throughout the day or when you get irritated at your co-worker.
Keep in your gym bag.
Chill in your fridge in the hot summer months and then take to the pool.
Spray your dog when he won’t stop barking at the UPS truck.
There are endless options for how to use this toner and the good news is you can not over do it. It is natural, light weight and loaded with amazing ingredients to help you looking fresh and glowing.
Find the toner here! Hydra-Repair Toner
If you have questions about the Hydra-Repair Toner please comment below!
Finding a great place to get your brows done can be hard to find. I am so excited to share where to go for an amazing eyebrow design if you are in the L.A. area. Angelina Mancinas is a master eyebrow specialist and makeup artist that I highly recommend! She offers eye brow design and even a service called eye brow extensions. Follow her on Instagram to see some of the amazing before and after pictures.
With two locations, Neihule Salon downtown and Winxed in Beverly Hills you have options of where to book. I love the downtown location, the salon is beautiful! It is an amazing treat to find someone as talented and super sweet as Angelina. You can visit her beautiful website for more information on services and location information here.