For the first year of my sons life I had him in cloth diapers. Cloth diapers have come a long way since the days I was in them as a child. They are cute, easy to use and do not require a diaper service (although I wouldn’t have minded that!). After the first year it became more and more difficult for me to use and I decided to switch to disposables entirely for the ease and convenience. I noticed my son’s bum getting red and irritated after making the switch and although he has always had sensitive skin, it was really starting to bother me.
I was introduced to the Honest Company founded by Jessica Alba and became instantly excited! Here was a more natural diaper that was good for the environment and I couldn’t wait to give it a try. I started with a free trial and received my diapers right away. The customer service was outstanding and I was just crossing my fingers that they actually worked.
Description of the diapers from the Honest Company:
- Naturally biodegradable & pure plant-based PLA in the inner & outer sheet (NO petrochemicals/oil)
- Bio-based wheat / corn super-absorbent materials blended with reduced SAP gel
- Choose from a growing selection of modern & fashionable design options for your girl or boy
- Secure moisture barrier cuffs to prevent leakage or blowouts
- Comfortable stretchy, re-fastenable grip tabs
- Contoured fit & non-irritating feel for the most sensitive skin
- Premium fit & performance, completely safe, and super-cute designs – definitely not your standard white diaper
I can honestly say I loved them after the first one we used. My sons red, rashy bum has cleared up as well. And not that this had ANY pull in my decision to buy the diapers (well, maybe just a little) the designs are simply adorable, my favorite being the skull and crossbones pattern.
I love that I get these diapers delivered to my door and they even come with free wipes. They are more pricy than the alternative standard diaper but I am loving the results and it is worth it to us. If your kiddo is experiencing any negative skin reactions you might want to give this a try! I can’t wait to test more of the essentials line which includes items such as bath gel and sun protection to cleaning products. Finally a diaper that I feel GOOD about!
You can read more about the company and the terrific products they are making on the Honest Company Website.