A really important tip that many people are not aware of is when to moisturize your skin-face and body. As soon as you step out of the shower while your skin is still moist you should be applying your products. I do not dry completely off so there is a little water on my skin, then I apply my lotions/products on both my face and body.
The reason we do this is because the products we apply will be more readily absorbed into the skin and simply put, work more effectively.
If the skin does dry a bit you can spritz a spray toner of your choice and then apply the rest of your daily products. *check out my section dedicated to toners for ideas.* This is even more important in the winter months because all skin tends to be drier. A properly moisturized skin looks more beautiful, less fine lines are noticed and make-up is smoother. Now who doesn’t want that?
Oh Valentines day, how I love thee! If you need some last minute gift ideas for the special person in your life (or yourself) there are plenty of skin care related ideas. Who doesn’t love getting a massage or facial as a gift? It’s even more special if you share a spa day together. Check Groupon and other deal sites today, they are loaded with deals.
Also, check with your favorite skin care line they may have specials today such as free shipping or gift sets. Nothing says Happy Valentines Day like chocolate, try one of my favorite skin care exfoliators Mocha Loca by Sircuit Cosmeceuticals. Just try not to eat it, it smells THAT good!
Have fun, make dinner at home and enjoy yourself!
Wow, I have got to thank my friends and fans of I ♥ Skin care for giving me such great topics to talk to you all about! I was asked another terrific question about serums and moisturizers for the skin. Do you need both? Is one better than the other? Do I need a super expensive product? How to use? I explain below:
- Let’s start with the differences between the two. Serums are designed to target specific concerns (dryness, pigmentation etc) and penetrate into the skin. Moisturizers are designed to stay on top of the skin and to protect the barrier. They add moisturize and also lock it in. Some oily skin types may want to use a serum that helps to keep the skin looking matte and may not need a moisturizer but if it is in the daytime an SPF is needed.
- If you are 18, have no skin care concerns and perfectly normal skin I would say you probably do not have to use both. However, most of us over the age of 30 are going to want to use both products because they work differently and lets face it we have concerns.
- As far as which serum or brand of moisturizer to purchase there all several factors to consider. Of course you can get a facial and have the skin care therapist suggest products for you. I always like to recommend going to a skin care center and getting a skin consultation if a facial is not an option. A trained skin care therapist can analyze your skin under a magnified light, look and feel what is going on with your skin. This is typically a free service and a great help when you are looking for the right product to use. Dermalogica has a great system with their partner skin care centers where they map the skin and help target the right products for the skin concern. Find a center where you feel comfortable with the price range so you don’t leave with sticker shock as well. Many of the best and most effective products do not cost a small fortune and work well.
- Ask for samples. Especially if you are a more sensitive skin type it always helps to get a facial with the products you are thinking about purchasing or trying a sample to see if there will be a reaction. Just keep in mind most companies do not sample every product and mostly do not sample the serums.
- As I mentioned above, Serums MOSTLY are applied first and then the moisturizer. Make sure and follow the directions but that is a general rule of thumb. Also these products absorb best when applied on moist skin so if your skin is totally dry before you get to your application, spray a misting toner first and then continue. (I have many suggestions for spray toners I love under the section toner.)
Hope that helps and happy moisturizing!